The age-old human requirements of survival food, clothing and shelter are valid to date. The Government is on a vision to provide a Pucca house to every family in the country by 2022. The mission is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and the vision is “Housing for all by 2022”.
The mission to provide homes to all began in 2015 with which is slated to achieve the desired results by 2022. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was initiated with the objective to put a roof on the head of people who are not able to afford houses due to their deprived financial status. The PMAY Yojana envisioned by our honorable Prime Minister aims to establish pucca houses for all families living in the cities along with essential amenities of electricity, bathroom, water etc.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) is applicable for the following sections –
- Economically Weaker Section/Lower Income Group (EWS/LIG)
- Middle Income Group I & II
Under Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, there is an interest subsidy upto Rs 2.67 lac on your home loans.
To ensure that people get a house under their financial capabilities, the Delhi Development Authority has also decided to follow the PM Awas Yojana Delhi NCR. Due to skyrocketing real estate prices, the population in the Delhi NCR region is moving towards resettlement in more affordable locations. To avoid losing on revenues and human capital resource, implementation of PM Awas Yojana Delhi NCR has taken flight.
To be eligible for applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and avail subsidized rates of housing interest, the requirements are:
- Middle Income Group I earning should be ( between Rs 6,000,01 – 1200000/annum) and Middle Income Group II should be ( Less Than 1200001 – 18,000,00), Low Income Group – (3,000,01-600000 Lakhs per annum) and Economically Weaker Section- (upto Rs. 3 Lakhs per annum) can apply for the scheme.
- Women citizens of India are also eligible
- Aadhar card is mandatory for applying for this scheme
- The location of the property should fall under 4315 towns and as per the list (updated by the government from time to time).
Besides the above basic criteria, there are several other checks before an individual can be eligible to apply for the PMAY Yojana Scheme. Please refer http://www.wavecity.in/about-wave-city/pradhan-mantri-awas-yojana-en/